Re: CLDR/LDML questions

From: Travis Griggs (TGriggs@key.net)
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 19:28:11 CST

    On Feb 23, 2006, at 9:39, Ram Viswanadha wrote:

    > Hi Travis,
    > the type attribute is only required if you have muliple format
    > patterns. Since CLDR only supports 1 format by default, we do not
    > include the type attribute or default element.
    >
    > For an example of how type attribute is used in decimalFormat element
    > please see:
    > http://www.unicode.org/cldr/data/open_office/main/en_US.xml

    So, if I understand correctly. A CLDR Locale defines at least one
    numberFormat (decimal, scientific, whatever). It may choose to
    actually define a family of formats (long, medium, etc). And in that
    case, one *may* find a default indicating which is to be used. The
    only case I find in the current main files is the bz_DT which adds a
    longScientificFormat, and then indicates that this is to be the
    default, rather than whatever is inherited as the default definition.

    Have I interpreted this correctly?

    --
    Travis Griggs
    Objologist