WS22 (was: Unicode 5.0 decompositions of Balinese vowel signs with tedung)

From: Richard Wordingham (richard.wordingham@ntlworld.com)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2006 - 17:56:14 CST

    Philippe Verdy wrote on Friday, April 14, 2006 at 8:42 PM

    > The Viet-Thai, Newari, North-Arabic, South-Arabic, Old Hungarian, Aramaic
    > and Uighur scripts should also merit more attention (with more formal
    > proposals).

    Of course, there is already one Aramaic block lurking under the name of
    Hebrew. What we need on the West Semitic 22-character scripts is cool and
    civilised discussion of which stages need to be encoded separately.
    Charging in with isolated proposals is a recipe for rehashes of the
    Phoenician row.

    I'd suggest making it a public review issue, but we do not want a repeat of
    the danda fiasco where almost everyone assumed someone else would do the
    work, and one person who had submitted evidence in the past assumed he did
    not have to call it up explicitly. Setting up a specific list might work,
    but it could just as easily be a flop like the Seasia list. I seem to be
    the only one who's initiated threads there :-( I think it would also be a
    good idea to wait until Phoenician is fully approved, deadlocked or
    rejected.

    Richard.