RE: preliminary proposal for a new Cyrillic character addition

From: Michael Fayez (michaelfayez@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2006 - 16:44:39 CST

    Hi,

    > Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:33:54 -0400> From: s.kuzmenko@gmail.com> To: unicode@unicode.org> Subject: preliminary proposal for a new Cyrillic character addition> > Hi,> > this is a preliminary proposal to add a new Cyrillic character to the> Unicode standard.> > Character status: historical, used in old Cyrillic based Romanian> alphabet in XV - XIX cc. Became obsolete for a double reason. In> Romania Cyrillic alphabet was superseded by a Latin based one in 1860.> It corresponds to modern Romanian î (0xEE). In eastern Moldova that> was under Russian rule (nowadays Republic of Moldova) with the> introduction of the standard script ("grazhdanka") this letter was> replaced by its closest Russian equivalent ы (0x44B).
    I think it is equivalent to in or yn not just î
    plz check
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_Cyrillic_alphabet
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Romanian-kirilitza-tatal-nostru.jpg
    http://userweb.port.ac.uk/~cleminsr/Unicode.pdf
    http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso10646/pdf/n2xxx-cyrillic.pdf
    > If there are no objections I will proceed with an official proposal.>
    I think there is no objections against this letter.> Thanks> Sergiy> >
    Michael Fayez
    It’s the future of Hotmail: Try Windows Live Mail beta
    http://www2.imagine-msn.com/minisites/mail/Default.aspx?locale=en-us