Off-topic: Non-text localization

From: Jony Rosenne (jr@qsm.co.il)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2006 - 15:20:55 CST

    It isn't enough to localize text, characters sets and directionality.
    Attached is part of the current Google home page in Hebrew. If one uses
    culturally loaded images, one should mind what they mean in various
    cultures.

    The image has no meaning to me and I suppose to most Hebrew speakers,
    although I can guess it has something to do with the American concept of
    Christmas.

    Jony

    google-he.gif