Re: Taiwan Aboriginal Languages and Unicode support

From: Richard Wordingham (richard.wordingham@ntlworld.com)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2006 - 19:32:51 CST

    John H. Jenkins wrote on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 12:27 AM

    > Moreover, adding precomposed accented forms to the standard at this point
    > would create dangerous instabilities for processes such as normalizing

    Such as?

    If they were added, they would have to be added to the composition
    exclusions, and all normalisations would decompose the precomposed
    characters. The best justification I can see is that some keyboard
    definition schemes (e.g. MSKLC) do not fully support the attachment of
    sequences to keys.

    > and will not be done.

    And that I believe.

    Richard.