Re: SS symbol -- was: Re: Uppercase ß is coming? (U+1E9E)

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 14:54:45 CDT

    On 5/8/2007 11:17 AM, Mark Davis wrote:
    > I'd request that people keep the same subject header on the ß and
    > related topics; otherwise I have to keep adding new subjects to my
    > email squelch filter.
    Actually, not discussing the SS-rune and swastika under the heading of ß
    is very proper protocol. Other than the fact that they have all been
    used in the same country at the same time in history, they are otherwise
    rather unrelated. For example I am aware of no statute that forbids the
    public display of the uppercase ß, whereas the same cannot be said for
    the otehr two. ;-)

    A./