Ethiopic short i / short e

From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault@labri.fr)
Date: Mon May 14 2007 - 17:37:03 CDT

    Hi,

    While studying the UNESCO report I talked about in a previous mail, I
    came across the ethiopic script. Oddly enough, the report shows some
    characters that unicode doesn't have: consonants combined with a _short_
    i (see attached sample). On the contrary, it doesn't have the "short e"
    syllabes. Does anybody know better about this?

    Samuel

    ethiopic.png