RE: New Public Review Issue: Proposed Update UTS #18

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2007 - 01:05:44 CST

    > I'm not sure I agree that you want to look for default grapheme
    > cluster boundaries inside a character class.

    Yes this is best to look into default grapheme clusters within a character
    class so that the embedded regexp encoded using NFC or NFD are treated
    equivalently.

    When looking for default grapheme boundaries, a character reference using
    "\u" will break these default boundaries, as expected, because the notation
    is not canonically equivalent within the regexp syntax.