Re: Use of acronyms (was RE: purl.net/net/cp)

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 08:00:18 CDT

    Thanks for your Smiley, James - am glad someone picked up humour
    pointers, such as the longest sentence I have ever posted (to this
    list) and the ref. to more time on computers than is healthy
    (unavoidable in our jobs).

    If I were to make a real point about acronyms/abbreviations, it would
    be to celebrate the rise of alternatives, such as the punctuation-
    based smiley and number-based shorthand such as +1 (assent) and -1
    (dissent) and the like, because such are equally clear (unambiguous)
    in any language and offend nobody.
    mg

    On 24 Oct 2007, at 05:05, scríobh James Kass:

    --
    Marion Gunn
    mgunn@ucd.ie