RE: List of Latin characters which look the same but are encoded differently

From: Erkki I. Kolehmainen (eik@iki.fi)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2007 - 01:06:02 CST

    Asmus,

    What Jukka is referring to as a way to enter Latin letters with diacritics and strokes in a consistent manner is actually implemented both by Microsoft as an evaluation version for Finland and also in the Linux environment. The keyboard layout is based on the traditional Finnish/Swedish keyboard.

    I'll send a separate note to invite all interested experts to participate in a CEN Workshop on Multilingual Extensions to European (read: Latin) Keyboard Layouts. Our experience is one of the inputs to this Workshop. Also Mr Pentzlin was one of the participants in the meeting that recommended the setting up of this workshop.

    Regards, Erkki

    Erkki I. Kolehmainen
    Tilkankatu 12 A 3, FI-00300 Helsinki, Finland
    Puh. (09) 4368 2643, 0400 825 943; Tel. +358 9 4368 2643, +358 400 825 943