What is a Chinese font?

From: vunzndi@vfemail.net
Date: Mon Feb 25 2008 - 18:39:28 CST

    In the process of preparing a document for unicode related work I made
    the attached small font containing 19 cjk glyphs. On linux the font
    functions as expected, however when installed on
    windunicode@unicode.orgows XP (Chinese version), in both word and
    wordpad the font is considered by the system to be a western font and
    therefore can not be used for cjk characters.

    My question then are, "How does windows decide whether a font is
    Chinese or not? What needs to be added to this font."

    Regards

    John Knightley

    This message sent through Virus Free Email
    http://www.vfemail.net