Re: [unicode] What is a Chinese font?

From: mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 01:04:09 CST

    Hi,

    Here I attached 3 sample TTFs that I modified UnicodeRanges
    and CodePageRanges by binary editor.

    vs17-ucr.ttf:
    All bits in UnicodeRange in OS/2 are set, so all Unicode
    characters are declared as available. CodePageRange
    bits are left (original vs17.ttf declares Latin1 codepage).

    vs17-cpr.ttf:
    All bits in CodePageRange in OS/2 are set, so all codepages
    are declared as available. UnicodeRange bits are left
    (original vs17.ttf declares CJK Symbols & Punctuations only).

    vs17-ucr+cpr.ttf:
    All bits in UnicodeRange and CodePageRange in OS/2 are set.

    When I install in Microsoft Windows XP and check wordpad.exe,
    vs17-ucr.ttf is shown as Latin1 font, but vs17-cpr, vs17-ucr+cpr
    are shown as capable: Big5, GB2312, Arabic, Greek, Cyrillic,
    Symbol, Thai, Turky, Baltic, Korean Wansung, Korean Johab,
    Vietnamese, Hebrew, Latin1, Central European, and Japanese.
    So I think CodePageRange may be important. Please try the fonts
    in your environment.

    Regards,
    mpsuzuki