RE: Punycode at ASCII for IDN & MDN via Y2K Project Management

From: Ruszlan Gaszanov (ruszlan@ather.net)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2008 - 14:21:02 CST

    Meeku,

    Ok, I could go into more details and explain why your proposal is extremely
    problematic from the technical point of view... but I don't believe Unicode
    mailing list is the proper place to discuss this topic, since Internet
    protocols are not directly related to the Unicode Standard. Standards for
    DNS, IDNA and punycode were developed by IETF/ISOC, so this would be much
    more appropriate place to take this to.

    Ruszlán