Re: Symbola font (was: James Kass and Code2000 font)

From: Andrew West (andrewcwest@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2010 - 04:28:44 CDT

    On 24 October 2010 14:45, Peter Constable <petercon@microsoft.com> wrote:

    > And I'd advise people to upgrade from Windows XP.

    The snide remark seems a little uncalled for. There are many reasons
    why people cannot or will not upgrade from XP, and I was simply
    pointing out an issue that may affect some users. Anyhow, I would
    advise people to be cautious about upgrading from XP in case they
    accidentally upgrade to Windows 7, which many people on this list,
    especially anyone who wants to see any of the newly encoded emoji
    characters, might consider not fit for purpose:

    <http://babelstone.blogspot.com/2010/05/prototyping-tangut-imes-or-why-windows.html>

    Andrew