Samogitian E with dot above and macron

From: Arns Udovīčė (zordsdavini@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2010 - 06:08:57 CDT

    Hello all,

    On 2010-06-30 change became effective for Samogitian
    (http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/documentation.asp?id=sgs). There are one
    letter which has many problems with rendering. It is E/e with dot above
    and macron
    (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/bat-smg/0/0f/E_smg.jpg). You can
    see it in:
    http://bat-smg.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C4%97rms_poslapis
    atvīk*ė̄* or Vielīb*ė̅*jė. On Linux it is shown (in different shrifts) as
    „ė“ with macron between dot and letter or „ė“ with minus near letter
    (see attachment). On Windows macron is shown as box (or I haven't any
    good shrift). For now all writers use shrift with additional letter, ex.
    ftp://ftp.akl.lt/sriftai/Vytis/Naujas_Vytis/Vytis_1.002/ . Simple user
    don't use this letter - writes 'atvīk*ėė*' or 'atvīk*ėn*', even
    'atvīk*ėi*', but it is against rules.
    This letter was introduced in 1998 in Samogitian writing book „Žemaičių
    rašyba“ (Samogitian writing) (/ISBN/: 998692071X). Latter it was used in
    all Samogitian books. Try to use in IT is complicated.
    What I should to do what this letter come to unicode? As I read in
    http://www.unicode.org/pending/proposals.html it is better to deal about
    it in this thread at first.

    Best regards,
    Arns Udovīčė