Re: Samogitian E with dot above and macron

From: Doug Ewell (doug@ewellic.org)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2010 - 09:44:20 CDT

    Arns Udovīčė <zordsdavini at gmail dot com> wrote:

    > On Windows [e with dot above and] macron is shown as box (or I haven't
    > any good shrift).

    On Windows XP Pro SP3 with Uniscribe version 1.0626.6000.16386, using
    Segoe UI version 5.00 and BabelPad version 6.0.0.0, this letter looks
    prfectly fine as either NFC <0116 0304> or NFD <0045 0307 0304>, at
    sizes down to 9 points.

    There are so many different versions and configurations of Windows, and
    so many available fonts and applications, that it's practically
    meaningless to say that any character does or does not display
    adequately "on Windows." I suspect the same is true for Mac and Linux.

    --
    Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | http://www.ewellic.org
    RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14 | ietf-languages @ is dot gd slash 2kf0s ­