Re: First posting to list: Unicode.org: unicode - punycode converter tool?

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer (bortzmeyer@nic.fr)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2010 - 15:08:40 CDT

    On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 07:01:22PM +0200,
     JP Blankert (thuis & PC based) <jpblankert@zonnet.nl> wrote
     a message of 147 lines which said:

    > I am a domain name (especially: IDN) expert.

    A "domain name (especially IDN) expert" who does not know that ß was
    mapped in IDNA 2003 but not in IDNA 2008? That's quite hard to believe
    since this specific characters have been quite often mentioned.

    > I worked my way out +- manually now, on ß. But the issue will come
    > back for other languages....

    Unlikely since being mapped to pure ASCII LDH was exceptional. Among
    the letters, only ß was in that case.