Re: [unicode] Re: Properties

From: mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Date: Wed May 18 2011 - 03:18:22 CDT

    Hi,

    On Wed, 18 May 2011 00:35:58 -0700
    fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
    >On 05/17/2011 07:32 PM, mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp wrote:
    >> Although this document handles only 2 baseline
    >> categories; alphabetic and central, I'm afraid
    >> that it is unclear how hanging baseline should
    >> be dealt.
    >
    >Hanging baseline will be dealt with in a future CSS module,
    >likely an update to the draft currently at
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-linebox/

    Thank you for clarification. Do you have any plan to
    make a list of the scripts using baseline types?
    Often hanging baseline is mentioned with "Indic" scripts,
    some CSS editors are already aware that some Indic
    scripts (like Tamil) do not use hanging baseline.
    If you have a plan, I'm interested in the contribution.

    Regards,
    mpsuzuki