RE: RTL PUA?

From: Peter Constable <petercon_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 02:39:46 +0000

From: verdyp_at_gmail.com [mailto:verdyp_at_gmail.com] On Behalf Of Philippe Verdy

>2011/8/22 Joó Ádám <adam_at_jooadam.hu>:
>> Speaking of actual implementation, I’m convinced that this format
>> should be the same as it is for encoded characters ...

> As well, the small properties files can be embedded, in a very compact
> form, in the PUA font.

In one sense having data regarding PUA character properties embedded within a font could make sense since the interpretation of instances of those PUA characters will be tied to particular fonts.

However, I don't see this as really being workable: rendering implementations will typically do certain types of processes without access to any font data.

Peter