Re: Unicode 6.2 to Support the Turkish Lira Sign

From: Andreas Stötzner <as_at_signographie.de>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 20:34:51 +0200

Am 23.05.2012 um 20:01 schrieb Jukka K. Korpela:

> It is a common fallacy these days to think that you can create brands simply by creating symbols for them.

Very well put.

I propose to postpone the encoding process of a new character for the TURKISH LIRA. I’m not opposed to the idea in general but I don’t see the matter mature yet. Give it some time, it can only be beneficial.

Andreas Stötzner.

Andreas Stötzner
Gestaltung Signographie Fontentwicklung

Wilhelm-Plesse-Straße 32, 04157 Leipzig