Re: emulating keyboards with more keys

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 23:17:58 +0100

2013/1/11 Stephan Stiller <stephan.stiller_at_gmail.com>

> About the numpad on laptops: For me the annoyance is that I currently have
> a laptop where there is *no* numpad that can be Fn-enabled, so I
> literally can't use special Alt+<numpad> input.

On such laptops, it is then normal to not enable NumLock by default in
their BIOS. But on a laptop that HAS a keypad (and also a separate pad for
arrows), it is stupid to not boot with NumLock enabled by default and to
NOT propose to enable it as an option in their BIOS.
So Microsoft should not insist that we should enable Numlock in the BIOS,
the option is simply not there ! Windows should instead offer a settingh to
enable Numlock as soon as the Logon screen appears, when starting a Console
session on the local system.