Re: Adding RAINBOW FLAG to Unicode

From: Leo Broukhis <leob_at_mailcom.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 11:10:27 -0700

With extensible self-delimited regional indicator sequences the
carriers will be able to come to an agreement and to petition Unicode
to register them as named character sequences symbolizing flags not
encoded by an ISO entity, like various rainbow flags, making sure that
the format of such sequences is guaranteed not to clash with any
existing ISO 3166 format.

Also, ISO 3166-2 can have 2 or 3 letters after the dash; it makes
sense to have the letters after the dash self-delimited, if/when
REGIONAL INDICATOR DASH is added to facilitate encoding of ISO 3166-2
codes.

Leo