Re: Stationary vs. waving flags (was: Re: Adding RAINBOW FLAG to Unicode)

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 12:39:23 -0600

gfb hjjhjh <c933103 at gmail dot com> wrote:

>> I think a waving white flag is an emoji symbol for
>> "truce/surrender/come in peace", whereas a white rectangle doesn't
>> easily transmit the same idea.
>
> How about transparent flag?

I'm still not convinced this is a problem that needs to be solved. "A
flag goes here which your system couldn't display" is all that the base
character's glyph is trying to convey.

Proposing a new base character will ensure that this solution gets
delayed by at least another year. Is it really worth it?

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸