RE: Latin glottal stop in ID in NWT, Canada

From: Peter Constable <petercon_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 06:07:36 +0000

From: Unicode [mailto:unicode-bounces_at_unicode.org] On Behalf Of Philippe Verdy
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:26 AM

> On the opposite, Native Americans HAVE used the Cyrillic script in Alaska
> and probably as well in North-Western territories in Canada…

In Alaska, yes, because the languages in question are, in fact, Siberian languages.

But where have you gotten the idea that Cyrillic script has been used in orthographies for languages spoken in Northwest Territories? I’ve never seen any indication of that, and I am very doubtful.

(Btw, it’s “the Northwest Territories”, not “North-Western territories”.)

Peter