Re: Emoji data in UCD xml ?

From: Mark Davis ☕️ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 11:20:50 -0700

As Ken said, there's been some preliminary discussion, but we wanted to get
initial information out in connection with UTR #51 first, and take more
time to consider what UCD properties would look like, and which are
necessary.

The basic information that people want to access for implementations are:

   - Is a character emoji or not?
   - Which emoji have default text presentation? (others having emoji
   presentation)
   - Which emoji are modifiers, and which are modifier bases? (others being
   neither)
   - Which sequences of emoji are recommended (zwj and/or combining marks)
   for those who support them?
   - flags and modifier sequences are specified algorithmically, and don't
      need to be listed.

The levels, the distinction between primary and secondary, and the carrier
sources were useful in development of the emoji data and tr51 but aren't
really necessary for implementations.

Mark