Re: Why incomplete subscript/superscript alphabet ?

From: Marcel Schneider <charupdate_at_orange.fr>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 20:14:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 09:27:13 -0700, Ken Whistler wrote:

[…]
> Their functions have been completely overtaken by markup conventions
> already, even in most email clients, ri^ght out of the b_ox .
>
> And I suspect that Yucca's statement "so it would usually be best to
> give up the superscripting idea here" is intended to mean give up on
> asking for a separately encoded superscript character for each Latin
> letter, including accented ones (or applying accents to separately
> encoded superscript letters). Because, after all, this stuff already

High level formatting in high-end mail clients is of little use
when the target environment is plain text.
Itʼs still unambiguous, though.

As of superscript ‘è’, I had asked for it as soon as 2014, and I fully
understood that Unicode no longer encourages proposals of any *new*
precomposed characters. This was before I learned that ‘3ème’ is not
good French. These long ordinal indicators are deprecated.

Regards,
Marcel