Re: A sign/abbreviation for "magister"

From: Philippe Verdy via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 03:40:58 +0100

More interesting: the Masonic alphabet
http://tallermasonico.com/0diccio1.htm

- 18 letters of the Latin alphabet (or Hebrew), from A to T (excluding J
and K), are disposed by group of 2 letters in a 3x3 square grid, whose
global outer sides are not marked on the outer border of the grid but on
lines separating columns or rows. Then letters are noted by the marked
sides of the square in which they are located, the second letter of the
group being distinguished by adding a dot in the middle of the square.
- The 4 other letters U to Z (excluding V and W) are noted by disposing
them on a 2x2 square grid (this time rotated 45 degrees), whose global
outer sides are also not marked on the outer border of the grid but on
lines separating columns or rows (only 1 letter is places by cell).
They are also noted by the marked sides of their square only.- Finally (if
needed) the missing letters J, K, V, W use the same 4 last glyphs, but are
distinguished by adding the central dot.

   AB | CD | EF
 ------+-----+-----
   GH | I L | MN
 ------+-----+-----
   OP | QR | ST

     \ XK /
 UJ > < WZ
     / YV \

So:
- "A" becomes approximately "_|"
- "B" becomes approximately "_|" with central dot
- "U" becomes approximately ">"
- "X" becomes approximately "\/"
- "J" is noted like "I" as a square, or distinctly approximately as ">"
with a central dot

The 3x3 grid had some esoterical meaning based on numerology (a legend now
propaged by scientology).