Description of Issue:
This proposed update aligns with Unicode 6.1, and includes the following
- A major revision to the ordering of variable characters into groups,
separating punctuation and symbols. Some other characters have changed
ordering as well.
- A new option for sorting, IgnoreSP, that ignores (shifts) only
whitespace and punctuation (and not general symbols)
- Clarifications or fixes to text on soft-hyphen, contiguous weights,
and collation grapheme clusters.
- A new section on asymmetric search.
- Review notes for new UCA verification tables, and several other
areas where the text will be changed.
- Reorganization and rewrite of the Hangul Collation section.
- A new section on fourth-level weight assignments.
- A new appendix on synchronization of UCA with ISO/IEC 14651.
- Documentation of the use of U+FFFF and U+FFFE in CLDR.
- Addition of examples to some tables.
- Addition of the script-reorder parameter to Table 14.
- Better documentation of the test files.
- Added subheads to Section 3.8, Stability and reference links to the
UCA change management policy pages.
Draft updated 2011-10-05.
For information about how to discuss this issue and how to supply
formal feedback, please see the
feedback and discussion
instructions. The accumulated feedback received so far on this issue is shown below,
or you can look at a full page view.