UTC Meeting 155
San Jose, CA April 30-May 4, 2018
Hosted by Adobe
Meeting Logistical Information
UTC meetings follow the Unicode Consortium Technical Committee Procedures
UTC Document Register

Last updated: May 3, 2018

UTC Plenary Meeting:
    Monday, April 30     10:30 am to 5:30 pm
    Tuesday, May 1         9:30 am to 5:30 pm
    Wednesday, May 2    9:30 am to 5:30 pm
    Thursday, May 3        9:30 am to 5:30 pm
    Friday, May 4            9:30 am to 3:00 pm

L2 Plenary Meeting:

    Friday, May 4            3:00 pm to 5:00 pm

Scheduled Activities:

Agenda Person Day and Time (PST) Location
E.1 Emoji topics Davis, et al Monday, 2:00 pm  
E.1.3.14 Mate Emoji Proposal Coelho, et al Tuesday, 1:45 pm  
E.1 Emoji topics Davis, et al Tuesday, 2:00 pm  
D.9 Chorasmian Pandey Tuesday, 4:00 pm  
B.3 IRG/B.4 CJK topics Lunde, Jenkins, et al Wednesday, 9:30 am  
E.1 Emoji topics Davis, et al Wednesday, 2:00 pm  
B.11.5 PRI 359 Hallissy, Evans, et al Wednesday, 3:30 pm  
B.2.1.2 SC2/WG2 liaison report Constable Friday, 11 am  

Ad  Hoc Meetings:
Ad Hoc Subject Person Day and Time (PST) Location
C.11 Mongolian Ad Hoc Pournader, Moore, et al Monday, 12:30 pm
E.1 Emoji Davis, et al Tuesday, 12:45 pm  

Other meetings:

Meeting Person Day and Time (PST) Location
CLDR regular meeting

Wednesday, 8:00 to 9:30 am
EMG meeting Davis, et al Thursday, 1:00 to 2:00 pm  

A. Administrative Topics
A.1 UTC membership roll call
  A.1.1 Call for proxies
  A.1.2 Roll call

A.2 Declaration of meeting open

A.3 Registration of new documents

A.4 Approval of meeting agenda [L2/18-114]
  Latest version of this document

A.5 Minutes and action items
  A.5.1 Approval of minutes
    A.5.1.1Approve UTC Meeting 154 [L2/18-007]
  A.5.2  Action Items
    A.5.2.1 Review of open action items [L2/SD2]
    A.5.2.2 Recently closed action items [L2/18-116]

  Minutes posted at http://www.unicode.org/unicode/consortium/utc-minutes.html

A.6 Calendar review
  UTC 156 July 2 3-27, 2018, host Microsoft
  UTC 157 September 17-21, 2018, host Apple, Annual Full Members Mtg
  UTC 158 January 14-17, 2019, host Google
  UTC 159 April 29-May 3, 2019, host Adobe
  UTC 160 July 22-26, 2019, host Microsoft
  UTC 161 October 7-11, 2019, host Apple, Annual Full Members Mtg


  Calendar posted at http://www.unicode.org/unicode/timesens/calendar.html

A.7 Letter ballot review

A.8 Schedule ad hoc meetings

A.9 Membership update

B. Liaison Reports and Technical Topics

B.1  JTC1/SC2/WG2
  B.1.1 Meeting reports
    B.1.1.1 Convenor's report
    B.1.1.2 Liaison reports
      B. Unicode liaison report to SC2

      B. Unicode liaison report from SC2 [Constable]      
Script Encoding Initiative Liaison report (to WG2) [Anderson]
    B.1.1.3 IR's meeting report [Anderson]
    B.1.1.4 Consent docket
[Whistler, Anderson]
  B.1.2 SC2/WG2 minutes, recommendations, resolutions, report
    B.1.2.1 Minutes [SC/WG2]
    B.1.2.2 Reports
  B.1.3 Amendments/Ballots
    B.1.3.1 5th Edition
      B. Amendment 2.3
         B. Comments on Shuishu in PDAM2.3 text (WG2 N4942) [Suzuki, L2/18-131]
         B. Additional Comments on Shuishu in PDAM2.3 text (WG2 N4946) [Suzuki, L2/18-133]
      B. Amendment 1 (DAM1)
      B.1.3.2 Review ballot comments [Anderson]
  B.1.4 Ad Hoc reports
  B.1.5 Review pipeline characters to ensure all new characters are in ballot comments or a separate document [Whistler]
  B.1.6 Review of document requesting new additions [Anderson, L2/18-056]

B.2 SC2/SC22/SC34/SC35/SC36/TC37/SC29/TC12
  B.2.1 Liaison reports
    B.2.1.1 Unicode Consortium Liaison Report to TC 37/SC 2 [Constable]  
    B.2.1.2 Unicode Consortium Liaison Report to JTC1/SC 2  
    B.2.1.3 Liaison report from OWG Sort Editor [Whistler]    
  B.2.2 JTC/SC documents
    B.2.2.1 SC2
      B. 10646
      B. 14651
    B.2.2.2 SC35
      B. WG5
    B.2.2.3 TC37/SC2
      B. Liaison report [Constable]
    B.2.2.4 JTC1

  B.3.1 Liaison report [Lunde]
    B.3.1.2 Proposal to remove the UCS2003 representative glyphs from the Extension B code charts [Lunde, Chan, L2/18-063]
    B.3.1.3 Proposed kIICore Changes & Additions [Lunde, L2/18-066R]
      B. Comment on IRG N2298 & L2/18-066 (Proposed kIICore Changes & Additions) [Chung, L2/18-071]

  B.4.1 Proposal of 4 IDCs [Yang, et al, L2/18-012]
  B.4.2 Proposal to add standardized variation sequences for various punctuation [Lunde, L2/18-073]
  B.4.3 Extend the EquivalentUinifiedIdeograph property to three Suzhou numerals and give formal aliases to all Suzhou numerals and 12 unified ideographs [Silva, L2/18-082]  

  B.5.1 Liaison report [Suignard]

  B.6.1 Liaison report [Moore]

B.7 UC Berkeley Department of Linguistics - Script Encoding Initiative
  B.7.1 Liaison report [Anderson, L2/18-169]

  B.8.1 Liaison report [Umaoka, Scherer]

B.9 Unicode Locales Project (CLDR)
  B.9.1 Liaison report [Davis, Edberg]
B.10 Unicode Localization Interoperability (ULI)
  B.10.1 Liaison report [Loomis]

B.11 Public Review Issues
  B.11.1 Issue 355: Proposed Update UAX #29, Unicode Text Segmentation
    B.11.1.1 Feedback
      B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
    B.11.1.2 Document for review [Davis, L2/18-147]
  B.11.2  Issue 356: Proposed Update UTS #51, Unicode Emoji
    B.11.2.1 Feedback
      B. General feedback [L2/18-117
    B.11.2.2 Document for review [Davis, Edberg, L2/18-148]
  B.11.3  Issue 357: Proposed Update UAX #44, Unicode Character Database
    B.11.3.1 Feedback
      B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
    B.11.3.2 Document for review [Davis, Whistler, L2/18-149]
  B.11.4  Issue 358: Proposed Update UTS #10, Unicode Collation Algorithm
    B.11.4.1 Feedback
      B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
    B.11.4.2 Document for review [Davis, et al, L2/18-150]
  B.11.5 Issue 359: Proposed Draft UTR #53, Unicode Arabic Mark Ordering Algorithm 
    B.11.5.1 Feedback
      B. General feedback  [L2/18-117
       B. PRI 359 Disposition of feedback [Hallissy, Evans, L2/18-109]   
    B.11.5.2 Document for review [Evans, et al, L2/18-151]
  B.11.6  Issue 360: Proposed Update UAX #11, East Asian Width
    B.11.6.1 Feedback
      B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
    B.11.6.2 Document for review [Lunde, et al, L2/18-152]
  B.11.7  Issue 361: Proposed Update UAX #38, Unicode Han Database (Unihan)
    B.11.7.1 Feedback
      B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
      B. Proposed kIRG_GSource Changes & Corrections [Lunde, L2/18-065]
       B. Proposed kMainlandTelegraph changes [Chung, L2/18-096]
       B. Redefining kDefaultSortKey in UAX #38 [Jenkins, L2/18-118]
       B. More Regex Changes for UAX #38 [Jenkins, L2/18-119]
    B.11.7.2 Document for review [Jenkins, et al, L2/18-153
  B.11.8  Issue 362: Proposed Update UAX #45, U-source Ideographs
    B.11.8.1 Feedback
      B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
      B. Proposal to add 2 new UAX#45 characters [Chan, L2/18-064]
      B. Request to add nine U-source ideographs [Chung, L2/18-097]
      B. Proposed data changes for Fenn-sourced UAX #45 ideographs [Nelson, L2/18-134]
    B.11.8.2 Document for review [Jenkins, L2/18-154
  B.11.9 Issue 368: Proposed Update UAX #9, Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm
     B.11.9.1 Feedback
       B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
     B.11.9.2 Document for review [Davis, et al, L2/18-155
  B.11.10 Issue 369: Proposed Update UAX #50, Unicode Vertical Text Layout
     B.11.10.1 Feedback
       B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
     B.11.10.2 Document for review [Ishii, Lunde, L2/18-156]
   B.11.11 Issue 370: Proposed Update UAX #15, Unicode Normalization Forms
     B.11.11.1 Feedback
       B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
     B.11.11.2 Document for review [Davis, Whistler, L2/18-157]      
   B.11.12 Issue 371: Proposed Update UAX #41, Common references for Unicode Standard Annexes 
     B.11.12.1 Feedback
       B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
      B.11.12.2 Document for review [Iancu, McGowan, L2/18-158]
   B.11.13 Issue 372: Unicode 11.0.0 Beta 
     B.11.13.1 Feedback
       B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
     B.11.13.2 Document for review
   B.11.14 Issue 373: Proposed Update UAX #31, Unicode Identifier and Pattern Syntax 
     B.11.14.1 Feedback
       B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
     B.11.14.2 Document for review [Davis, L2/18-159]
   B.11.15 Issue 374: Proposed Update UTS #39, Unicode Security Mechanisms 
     B.11.15.1 Feedback
       B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
     B.11.15.2 Document for review [Davis, Suignard, L2/18-160]
  B.11.16 Issue 375: Proposed Update UTS #46, Unicode IDNA Compatibility Processing 
     B.11.16.1 Feedback
       B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
     B.11.16.2 Document for review [Davis, Suignard, L2/18-161]
  B.11.17 Issue 376: Proposed Update UAX #14, Unicode Line Breaking Algorithm 
     B.11.17.1 Feedback
       B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
       B. Line break changes for Unicode 11.0 [Davis, L2/18-173]
     B.11.17.2 Document for review [Heninger, L2/18-162]
  B.11.18 Issue 377: Proposed Update UAX #42, Unicode Character Database in XML 
     B.11.18.1 Feedback
       B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
     B.11.18.2 Document for review [Muller, L2/18-163]
  B.11.19 Other feedback
     B.11.19.1 Feedback     
       B. General feedback [L2/18-117]
        B. Comments on Public Review Issues (October 13, 2017 - January 24, 2018) [L2/18-009]
       B. Feedback from WG2 email discussion list [Anderson]
    B.11.19.2 Other documents

B.12 Unicode Technical Reports, Standards, and Standard Annexes

B.13 Editorial Committee/Unicode Standard
  B.13.1 Errata
  B.13.2 Editorial Committee report [Whistler]
  B.13.3 Unicode V11.0
    B.13.3.1 Authorize V11.0 beta
  B.13.4 General feedback for the Editorial Committee [Silva, L2/18-025]
B.14 Properties
  B.14.1 New character property: NumberofPeople [Silva, L2/18-120]
  B.14.2 Script_Extension values for some combining marks  [Davis, L2/17-430R]
  B.14.3 Changes to ScriptExtensions.txt for Indic characters for Unicode 11.0
 [Srinidhi, Sridatta, L2/17-424]

B.15 Ad hoc reports
  B.15.1 Mongolian
  B.15.2 Emoji 

B.16 Other

C. Scripts
C.1 WG2-related
  C.1.1 Review of script documents requested by WG2
C.2 Review of UTC script proposals
  C.2.1 Script Ad Hoc recommendations to the UTC [Anderson, et al, L2/18-168R]
C.3 Arabic
  C.3.1 Proposal to include Hindko alphabets [Shaikh, L2/18-032]
    C.3.1.1 Hindko additions for Arabic [Anderson, Pournader, L2/18-174]
  C.3.2 Proposal to include Luri alphabets [Mogoei, Shaikh, L2/18-061]
  C.3.3 Proposal to encode additional Arabic script characters for Hausa to the UCS [Evans, Warren-Rothlin, L2/18-094]
C.4 Deprecation of 3 Tibetan Characters [Roux, L2/18-078]
C.5 Feedback on proposed Unifon letters [Silva, L2/17-437]
C.6 Proposal for encoding the Garay script in the SMP of the UCS [SEI/Everson, L2/16-069]
C.7 Report on the Garay script 2017 [Riley, L2/17-322]
C.8 Report on the Bété script 2017 [Riley, L2/17-323]
C.9 Revised draft for the encoding of an extended Egyptian Hieroglyphs repertoire (Hieroglyphica based) (WG2 N4944) [Suignard, L2/18-165]
C.10 Proposal to encode the two remaining tally mark systems proposed in L2/15-328 [Silva, L2/18-088]
C.11 Mongolian
   C.11.1 Summary of suggestions and proposals for improvements to the Mongolian phonetic model [Pournader, L2/18-107]
   C.11.2 Mongolian Working Group Meeting 2 Report [Moore, L2/18-108]
C.12 Cluster Formation Model for Khitan Small Script [West, L2/18-121]
C.13 Preliminary proposal to encode Old Uighur in Unicode [Pandey, L2/18-126]
C.14 Proposal to encode two additional Zanabazar Square letters (WG2 N4945) [West, L2/18-132]
C.15 Medefaidrin corrections for 11.0 [Ekpenyon, et al, L2/18-142]

D. South Asian

D.1 Review of Indic-related UTC documents
  D.1.1 Review of Indic-related documents and recommendations to the UTC [Anderson, et al, L2/18-168]
D.2 Proposal to encode two characters in Khojki [Srinidhi, Sridatta, L2/17-307
D.3 Devanagari
D.4 Sinhala
   D.4.1 Proposal to encode the CANDRABINDU for Sinhala [Srinidhi, Sridatta, L2/18-060]
     D.4.1.1 Feedback on Sinhala candrabindu (L2/18-060) [Anderson, L2/18-079]
D.5 Encoding model issues with the Vedic gomukha characters [Sharma, L2/18-035]
D.6 Feedback on name for U+16F4F MIAO SIGN CONSONANT MODIFIER BAR [Anderson, et al, L2/18-069]
D.7 Malayalam 
   D.7.1 Proposal to encode MALAYALAM LETTER VEDIC ANUSVARA [Srinidhi, Sridatta, L2/17-276]
   D.7.2 Proposal to encode the END OF TEXT MARK for Malayalam [Srinidhi, Sridatta,  L2/18-015]
     D.7.2.1 Feedback on L2/18-015 proposing Malayalam punctuation mark [Sharma, L2/18-034]
     D.7.2.2 Feedback on name for MALAYALAM LETTER END OF TEXT MARK (L2/18-015) [Anderson, L2/18-145]
D.8 Thai-Noi
   D.8.1 Feedback on ISO/TC 46/WG3 N2631 ISO/CD 20674-1 “Information and documentation – Transliteration of scripts in use in Thailand – Part 1: Transliteration of Akson-Thai-Noi” [Unicode Script Ad Hoc, L2/18-070]
   D.8.2 Thai-Noi Transliteration
[Hosken, L2/18-068]
   D.8.3 Towards a comprehensive proposal for Thai Noi / Lao Buhan script [Mitchell, et al, L2/18-072]
   D.8.4 Request to Add Thai Characters to ISO/IEC 10646/Unicode (WG2 N4927) [Kanchanawan,
D.9 Proposal to encode the Chorasmian script [Pandey, L2/18-164]
   D.9.1 Roadmap for Chorasmian and Elymaic [Pandey]
D.10 Introducing the Amaragannada scripts [Srinidhi, Sridatta,
D.11 Proposed Property Changes for Ardhavisargas [Srinidhi, Sridatta, L2/18-075]
D.12 Preliminary proposal to encode Rejang Numbers in Unicode [Pandey, L2/18-081
D.13 Preliminary proposal to encode Pallava in Unicode [Pandey, L2/18-083
D.14 Proposal to encode the TAKRI VOWEL SIGN VOCALIC R [Srinidhi, Sridatta, L2/18-084]
D.15 Preliminary proposal to encode Sirmauri in Unicode [Pandey, L2/18-085]
D.16 Positioning of Tai Tham Vowels Below [Wordingham,  L2/18-171]
D.17 Preliminary proposal to encode Tigalari script in Unicode [Murthy, Rajan,  L2/17-378]

E. Symbols

E.1 Emoji
  E.1.1 ESC Recommendations for 2018Q2 UTC [ESC, L2/18-143R2] 
  E.1.2 Emoji Colors [ESC, L2/18-141R]

E.1.3 Emoji character proposals
   E.1.4 Proposal for new RGI Emoji Sequence [Burge, Haggerty, L2/18-059]
  E.1.5 Proposal for Inter-Skintone Couple Emoji Sequences [Lee, et al, L2/18-067]
  E.1.6 Extended emoji support from major platform vendors [Burge, L2/18-089]
  E.1.7 Gender
    E.1.7.1 Gendered Emoji Update [Buff, L2/18-110]
E.2 Proposal to encode the POSTAL MARK ENCLOSED IN DOWN POINTING TRIANGLE [Silva, L2/18-058]
E.3 Proposal to encode Ancient Chinese Mathematical Symbols [Jiang, L2/17-219]
E.4 Revised proposal for dealing with the moon symbols problem [Karlsson, L2/18-062R]
E.5 On the encoding of tachograph symbols [Spix, L2/18-090]
  E.5.1 Feedback on proposal to encode tachograph symbols [Silva, L2/18-095]
E.6 Proposal to add characters from legacy computers and teletext to the UCS [Ewell, et al, L2/17-435R]

F. Miscellaneous


G. Close of Meeting


G.1 Thank our hosts