PRI 349: Registration of additional sequences in the Adobe-Japan1 collection
A submission for the "Registration of additional sequences in the Adobe-Japan1 collection" has been received by the IVD Registrar. This submission is currently under review according to the procedures of UTS#37, Ideographic Variation Database, with an expected close date of 2017-06-02.
Reviewers are encouraged to comment on any aspect of the submissions, but more particularly on:
- whether the glyphic subset corresponding to a proposed sequence is indeed a glyphic subset of the base character for the sequence
- whether the proposed sequences are congruent with the scope of their collection, or whether a new collection may be more appropriate
All comments should be sent via the reporting form and will be forwarded to the submitter. The content of the submission may be adjusted during the review period to account for the comments received.
The content of this section has been provided by the submitter.
- Name and address of registrant: Adobe Systems Incorporated, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704 USA
- Name and email address of representative: Ken Lunde (email@example.com)
- URL of the web site describing the collection: Adobe Tech Note #5078
- Registered identifier for the collection: Adobe-Japan1
- Pattern for the sequence identifiers: CID\+[0-9]+
The Adobe-Japan1 Character Collection
The Adobe-Japan1 Character Collection is widely used as the basis for the glyph complement of fonts for the Japanese market. Successive
versions of the collection are identified by appending a Supplement number, e.g. Adobe-Japan1-6 (the most current supplement).
Adobe-Japan1-6 enumerates 23,058 glyphs, specifically CIDs 0 through 23057, and contains nearly 15,000 kanji (aka, ideographs). The actual number of kanji is 14,664, and are the following CIDs and CID ranges: 656, 1125–7477, 7633–7886, 7961–8004, 8266–8267, 8284, 8285, 8359–8717, 13320–15443, 16779–20316, and 21071–23057.
The Adobe-Japan1-6 character collection is defined in Adobe Tech Note #5078.
Adobe-Japan1 IVD Collection & Assignments
The purpose of the registered Adobe-Japan1 IVD collection is to support in Unicode plain text the distinctions which are made by the Adobe-Japan1 character collection.
This submission covers two kanji of Adobe-Japan1-6 that map from Extension F code points. Extension F is pending publication by the Unicode Consortium (in Unicode Version 10.0) and ISO (in 10646 5th Edition).
Click here to view the proposed additions to the Adobe-Japan1 IVD Collection. This file contains only two lines (excluding the header lines).
Adobe-Japan1 CIDs are represented as decimal integers.
Representative Glyph Charts
Representative glyphs for the submitted sequences are available in PDF format, which shows the sequences indexed by their base character, in code point order. The complete charts (62KB) show all the submitted sequences.
This page may be updated from time to time to inform reviewers of some of the comments received.