Re: FW: Unicode book info

From: David Goldsmith (goldsmith@apple.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 1996 - 21:11:36 EDT

>>Many people emphasized the need to give the charset and lang values in http
>>and html headers. The new charsets for Unicode are almost for sure going to
>>be:
>>
>>UNICODE-2-0
>>UNICODE-2-0-UTF7
>>UNICODE-2-0-UTF8

Actually, the internet draft that is being submitted to register UTF-8
gives the charset tag as just that, "UTF-8", without any other prefix.
This is what's going to be registered with IANA. I did try to talk them
into following the pattern previously established (and set down in RFC
1641), but...

David