UTF-8 reg tags...

From: Rick McGowan (Rick_McGowan@next.com)
Date: Tue Sep 10 1996 - 13:44:17 EDT

Formerly the thread was "book info", but this doesn't have anything to do with
the book...

Maybe I'm coming into the middle of something and don't understand but...
David Goldsmith said...

> Actually, the internet draft that is being submitted to register UTF-8

WHO SUBMITTED IT? Was the actual tag discussed with the UTC?

> This is what's going to be registered with IANA. I did try to talk them
into following the pattern previously established (and set down in RFC 1641)

But what? They don't want to listen? Or they don't want to follow RFC 1641?
I guess I need it spelled out...

Thanks,

        Rick