UniHan CDROM database

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 10 1996 - 13:46:55 EDT

Perusing the UniHan database in the "unix/mappings/eastasia/" directory on the
CDROM from the Unicode 2.0 book, I noticed some 8-bit characters used in some
of the fields. Is the mapping of these characters to Unicode documented
somewhere and I just overlooked it or do they need a mapping table?

With three exceptions (the kDefinition field of U+4F3D, U+57A9, U+7B3B) these
appear to be accented Latin characters for kMandarin and kTang fields. There
are 155 fields with these 8-bit characters.
mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu
Mark Leisher "A designer knows he has achieved perfection
Computing Research Lab not when there is nothing left to add, but
New Mexico State University when there is nothing left to take away."
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL -- Antoine de Saint-Exup'ery
Las Cruces, NM 88003