Re: Tibetan half digits

From: John Clews (Converse@sesame.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 25 1996 - 02:59:05 EDT

In message <9610240941.AA20481@Unicode.ORG> unicode@Unicode.ORG writes:

> The task in hand is sorting 10646. I am sorting all the numbers, such that
> all the 1s are together, all the 2s are together, all the 2s are together.
> After the (European-Arabic) digits come the scripts (Roman numerals,
> Arabic-Indic, Brahmic, Tibetan...). The fractions are sorted between 0 and
> 1. The question is, what shall be done with these Tibetan half numbers?

Surely ensure that they are the first of the 1s, the first of the 2s, etc.
Is that too simple or have I missed something? You could have a further
analysis for vulgar fractions.

Or have a special tratment for these as 0.5, 1.5, 2.5 etc.

Whatever - they will require special treatment.

Just have a note in about half numbers in your sorted standard - don't
attempt to put them in a list.

John

--
  John Clews (Chairman of ISO/TC46/SC2: Conversion of Written Languages)

SESAME Computer Projects, 8 Avenue Rd. * email: Converse@sesame.demon.co.uk Harrogate, HG2 7PG, United Kingdom * telephone: +44 (0) 1423 888 432