Re: HTML - i18n / NCR & charsets

From: Martin Bryan (mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 1996 - 11:53:09 EST

>>>'«' and '»' refer to the Latin 1 _double_ angle quotes
>>>(#171 and #187), not the single versions.
>>>
>>The single angle versions are ‘ and ’ respectively

>If so, then what are the non-angle single quote entities?

Whoops, that will teach me not to work from memory. You are right the lsquo
and rsquo are the curly ones. The arrow ones will be &lsaquo and &rsaquo,
but as yet the entity sets that they belong with have still to be formally
approved by ISO, and that could take some time.

----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.u-net.com/~sgml/