Re: Unicode tables in Mac Nav 3.01

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Wed Dec 18 1996 - 06:20:08 EST

At 16:53 1996-12-17, Giles Martin wrote:

>Leaving aside the question of Macs....

Why on earth would you want to do that? Many of us with Macs have Macs
precisely because we need to write Latin and Georgian and Armenian and
Tibetan and Chinese and Canadian Syllabics. :-)

Vive le Macintosh!

>Giles

>On Tue, 17 Dec 1996, Adrian Havill <http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/> wrote:
>
>> Excuse the posting to this list, but relatively few people use multiple
>> han based languages on one machine, so I thought this list would have
>> the best chance of reaching a person with a multi-lingual Mac
>> environment.

You did, Adrian. :-) I run the following WorldScript systems under 7.5.3
(waiting for Unicode, it's true): Roman, Central European, Greek, Cyrillic,
Georgian, Armenian, Arabic, Hebrew, Inuktitut, Thai, Tibetan, Simplified
Chinese. I don't have my Turkic Latin and Turkic Cyrillic currently
installed, but they're there too. :-)

--
Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta
15 Port Chaeimhghein Íochtarach; Baile Átha Cliath 2; Éire (Ireland)