Re: The nice bibliography's correct URL

From: Edward Cherlin (cherlin@cauce.org)
Date: Fri Jun 13 1997 - 11:10:25 EDT

At 11:22 AM -0700 6/12/97, Unicode Discussion wrote:
>Michael Everson's cool bibliography of typography and scripts is at
>http://www.indigo.ie/egt/standards/scripts/scriptbib.html
>
>Oops.
>ME

Nice. You should add Cajori's history of mathematical symbols. I believe it
is still available as a Dover reprint. I'm sorry I can't give the proper
reference. I think I still have a copy of a paper by Ken Iverson on the
design of the APL character set somewhere at home. I'll go look up some
others sometime when I can get to them. Here are the fragments I remember:

The Book of a Thousand Tongues, Bible Society, London, out of print.
The Writing Systems of the World (two different books with the same title)
The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Language
TeX and Metafont, Donald Knuth, Addison-Wesley
The Alphabet Makers, The Museum of the Alphabet, Waxhaw, SC

--
Edward Cherlin       Help outlaw Spam     Everything should be made
Vice President     http://www.cauce.org      as simple as possible,