Re: Re[2]: ftp.unicode.org unavailable

From: jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 1997 - 12:09:33 EDT

On 6/19/97 7:45 AM Unicode Discussion (unicode@unicode.org) wrote:

> This week attempts to access http://www.unicode.org have been giving
> me:
>

> "
> 400 Bad Syntax
>
> The request appears to be improperly formatted.
> User agent header is too long: Mozilla/3.0C-BRITLIB (Win16; I) via
> proxy gateway CERN-HTTPD/3.0 libwww/2.17
>
> "
>

> Our network people have not been able to resolve /offer explanation as
> yet.
>
> Any offers?

Basically, what appears to be happening is that your browser is
requesting access to the Unicode server and uses more text to identify
itself than our server expects to see.

This is a bug in the software we're using as a web server, but a special
version that fixes it is being rolled for us and will be available
tomorrow.

We apologize for the problem.

=====
John H. Jenkins