Finnish

From: KNAPPEN@MZDMZA.ZDV.UNI-MAINZ.DE
Date: Thu Oct 16 1997 - 06:54:33 EDT

Alain La Bont\'e schrieb:

> [...] 4 Latin-1-less missing Finnish characters are concerned [...]

How do \v{s} and \v{z} come into finnish? My (not necessarily newest)
sources don't show them and scanning through some printed text in finnish I
wasn't able to locate any instance of them.

I have heard they were added to estonian some time ago, but again a longer
text (40 pages) I have checked in estonian deos not show a single instance
of them.

So, if only for curiosity, I'd like to know about the usage of \v{s} and \v{z}
in finnish.

--J"org Knappen