Re: Euro

From: KNAPPEN@MZDMZA.ZDV.UNI-MAINZ.DE
Date: Mon Oct 20 1997 - 11:40:36 EDT

Michael Everson wrote:

> I forgot to mention that the TC304 Euro Workshop did agree that an HTML
> entity would be useful, but thought that it might be nice if it were &EUR;

This is a bad idea, imho. An all-lowercase entity name is better than the
fancy uppercasing (IMHO only uppercase letters should have capitalised
entity names). Also shortening it one letter does no good. Everybody will
know the currency unter the name Euro, the currency code being EUE, not EUR.

A lowercase name is also in line with ¥.

--J"org Knappen