Re: Properties of multibyte encodings

From: Nitsan Seniak (seniak@ilog.fr)
Date: Tue Nov 25 1997 - 13:23:03 EST

Greg Hullender wrote:

> What might make it more interesting (and more relevant) to this group would
> be if you explained why you don't use Unicode instead? You could support
> import/export of a host of other encodings, but do all internal processing
> in Unicode. Is there some reason why that doesn't work for you?

I'm working on a portable C++ library, which is supposed to be usable on a wide
rangeof platforms and environments. If I was guaranteed that Unicode works on
all
the major platforms (Windows 95/NT, Solaris, HP/UX, AIX, Linux, Sinix, etc...)
I'd
love to use it.

But maybe this is already true?

-- Nitsan