4th Conference on Human Factors and the Web: Our Global Community

From: Misha Wolf (misha.wolf@reuters.com)
Date: Fri Dec 19 1997 - 14:27:33 EST

This looks interesting.

Misha

C A L L F O R P A P E R S

4th Conference on Human Factors and the Web: Our Global Community

June 5, 1998

Basking Ridge, New Jersey, USA
Laboratories (March 1996), Microsoft Corporation (October
1996), and US West Communications (June 1997).

The purpose of these conferences is to provide a forum for
sharing information among a community of human factors
engineers, designers, and developers who are interested in
producing web sites that are more useful and usable.

Basking Ridge is in suburban New Jersey, 55 minutes West of
New York City, and can be easily reached from the Newark
airport (40 minutes by shuttle bus or car).

INVITATION FOR SUBMISSIONS

These conferences focus on web design and usability.
Presentations can take a variety of approaches, including
reports on empirical work, discussions of design and
evaluation methods, or reflections on what we have learned
about designing for the web.

The featured topic for this conference is "Our Global
Community." We will have a panel on "Internationalization
of the Web: How Do We Design for the Globe?" that will
discuss issues such as formats, languages, cultures, content,
the effect of English on the web, and the U.S. dominance of
the global web.

In addition to papers on general web design and web usability,
we especially encourage presentations focusing on aspects of
web design for the global market.

Submissions can be either for half-hour oral presentations
or for panel discussions. Submissions for presentations
should be papers between 2000 and 4000 words in length.
Proposed panels should be described in enough detail to be
reviewed. All papers and presentations should be in English.

Proceedings will be published on diskette and on the
conference web site. Publication versions of accepted
papers, and presentation materials, will need to be emailed
two weeks before the conference.

To make a submission:

1) Complete the cover sheet included at the end of this message.

2) Send cover sheet and submission via email as plain text or as
   an attachment in HTML, PDF, or Microsoft Word format.

3) Send your submissions to J. P. Cunningham at cunningham@att.com
   NO LATER THAN March 16, 1998.

REVIEW PROCESS

Your submissions will be reviewed by a committee of experts in
web design. We will send notifications of acceptance or
rejection by April 17, 1998. (In a separate email we will be
requesting volunteers for the review committee.)

Review of submissions will be based on the originality of the
submission, the quality of the description, analysis or position,
the support for the conclusions (in either data or argument), and
the usefulness of the contribution to other practitioners.

IMPORTANT DATES

March 16, 1998 Deadline for paper submissions
April 17, 1998 Notification of acceptance
May 22, 1998 Presentation materials and final paper are due
June 5, 1998 4th Human Factors & the Web Conference

FOR MORE INFORMATION

Web Site:

   http://www.research.att.com/conf/hfweb

Please direct your questions to:

   Judy Cantor, Conference Chair
   AT&T Labs
   Telephone: +1 732 949 0479
   Fax: +1 732 949 8569
   Email: hfweb@coemail.its.att.com

--------------------> cut here >------------------------------

SUBMISSION COVER SHEET

4TH CONFERENCE ON HUMAN FACTORS AND THE WEB: OUR GLOBAL COMMUNITY

Title:
{ }

Author(s):
{ }

Abstract (about 100 words):
{ }

Keywords that will help us choose appropriate reviewers
for your submission:
{ }

Type of submission:
{ } Oral presentation (conventional paper)
{ } Panel discussion

Contact information for the principal author:
Name: { }
Affiliation: { }
Address (suitable for express delivery service): { }
Telephone: { }
Fax: { }
Email: { }
Some way to reach you in an emergency (e.g, home telephone,
pager, cellular phone): { }

PLEASE ATTACH YOUR SUBMISSION (2000-4000 WORDS).

Reuters Ltd.