Armenian punctuation/intonation marks

From: Mark Leisher (
Date: Tue Jan 27 1998 - 18:27:31 EST

I think I might have asked this before, but seem to have no on-line record of
it. Maybe I'm just going crazy :-)

Anyway, has anyone proposed to change the character properties for U+055B,
U+055C, and U+055E from other punctuation to non-spacing marks?

Or, alternatively, proposed inserting a comment in the Unicode Character
Database somewhere that these intonation marks usually appear above spacing

One or the other might make life easier for implementers.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab "... I could lard the text with
New Mexico State University hotlinks and hotbuttons ..."
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL -- Paraphrased from
Las Cruces, NM 88003 -- "Headcrash," Bruce Bethke