Re: European Currency Symbol

From: David Goldsmith (goldsmith@apple.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 15:02:55 EST

Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie) wrote:

>>Everybody please remember, the EURO SIGN is U+20AC, a
>>character newly added to Unicode.
>
>Everybody please remember, Amendment 18 which contains the following
>characters has NOT yet passed all its ballots and, unlikely as it may be,
>the names or code positions could yet change.

Hi,

Since Microsoft is already shipping fonts and software that locate the
Euro at U+20AC, and Apple will also be doing so soon, I think it's very,
very unlikely that this assignment will change.

David Goldsmith
International, Text, and Graphics Department Architect
Apple Computer, Inc.
goldsmith@apple.com