Re: UNIX and Unicode question...

From: Roman Czyborra (czyborra@cs.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Thu Jul 02 1998 - 12:21:00 EDT

Uh-oh, I am reading my buzzwords:

> Question from Italy re Unix, HP-UX, and Unicode... Any suggestions?

The only thing I can offer so far, is http://czyborra.com/yudit/ which
is a page about Gaspar Sinai's Yudit package which I consider the best
in contemporary Unicode support on Unix. My complete Unicode-HOWTO is
still taking a couple more weeks.

> I am searching over the Internet for anybody offering UNICODE
> support on UNIX, particularly on HP-UX, but a general purpose
> library for converting between Multibyte EUC/Wide Char and UNICODE,
> maybe in source code format, would be perfect for our purposes.

Yudit contains converter classes for EUC_JP, EUC_KR and others that
can be included in other programs, accessed interactively through
Yudit's encoding menu or from the shell through its uniconv command.

I am currently not using any HP-UX machines. Is there anything
special to consider with regard to HP-UX?

Ciao
Roman http://czyborra.com/