Re: Draft of new JIS extended Kanji character set

From: Hiro Yoshioka (HYOSHIOK@us.oracle.com)
Date: Thu Nov 19 1998 - 19:49:55 EST

I don't have the han extension.

Is it proposed in 1996? If so, the new JIS is developed
since 1996, I wouldn't be surprised if the new JIS
has many characters which are not in the han extension.

Also the new JIS defines 630 symbols and about 150 of them
are not defined in UCS.

Regards,
  Hiro

--
Hiro Yoshioka, Server Technologies, Oracle Corporation
mailto:hyoshiok@jp.oracle.com (Japanese OK/office)

attached mail follows:

> I just browsed the draft and found many Kanji characters (about
> 450 - 500) are not defined in UCS (Unicode).

Have you compared the JIS draft with the new Han extension? I would be
surprised if there are characters in the new JIS set that are not in the Han

extension. Maybe someone else has more knowledge of this.

        Rick