Re: Draft of new JIS extended Kanji character set

From: Doug Schiffer (laotzu.REMOVE_THIS@dreamscape.com)
Date: Fri Nov 20 1998 - 12:09:46 EST

John Jenkins wrote:

> >I think that those characters will be included in extension A of
> >ISO/IEC 10646-1, extension B and extension C (now planning...) of
> >ISO/IEC 10646-2. And those characters will also included in Unicode
> >3.0(?).
> >

> Extension A will be in Unicode 3.0. The only issue at this point is getting
> an appropriate font for it.

I have a font with *most* of the Extension A characters, right now. To
see them, goto http://www.dreamscape.com/laotzu/cjkexta/cjkexta.html

Any character in Extension A that isn't also in the CNS 92 standard will
be a hole. I haven't found any standards that cover these holes. Any
pointers?

--
Delete the obvious from my email address to reply.