Re: UTF-8: Michael takes the plunge

From: John Jenkins (
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 12:22:51 EDT

Michael says:

> I need to make an HTML document with UTF-8 encoding. I'm on a Mac running
> Mac OS 8.5, and to my knowledge I have no tools which will allow me to just
> format UTF-8, so I will have to type in the double-byte characters it by
> hand.

GoLive's CyberStudio will correctly generate UTF-8 using the Text Encoding
Converter. The latest Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator will
correctly read it.

I know that BBEdit has been enhancing their TEC support. It may be that the
latest release will correctly generate Unicode for the full range of Mac
scripts; I don't know.

John H. Jenkins