Re: Questions about proposed characters

From: Tex Texin (
Date: Mon May 31 1999 - 23:48:33 EDT

How pervasive is this change for Spanish. I have been told that in Latin
America, the sorting
of ch and ll, as one letter, is being maintained.

Ricardo Bermell-Benet wrote:
> Spanish "ch" is not yet sorted as one. After the "Real Academia de la Lengua
> Espaņola" recommended so, it is generally accepted, and every new
> dictionary follows that rule (sorting as two separated letters).
> Same applies to spanish phoneme "ll".

Tex Texin                      Director, International Products
Progress Software Corp.        Voice:         +1-781-280-4271
14 Oak Park                      Fax:         +1-781-280-4949