Code in code out

From: Alfinito, Charles (AlfinitoC@cadmus.com)
Date: Fri Jun 25 1999 - 16:40:29 EDT

I hope someone can give me the answer to my question. The problem is I don't
think I'll be able to explain it well but here goes.

I work on a file and save it as RTF in WORD 7.0. If you view the RTF code
there is no UNICODE (which is what I want). I give that file to several
(say 10) other people. They all work on it in WORD 97 and save it as RTF.
Now when I look at the RTF code 9 files are fine but 1 file has UNICODE in
it.

SO I guess my question are: When does WORD insert UNICODE? How? Why? Is
there a way to set WORD so that it will not use UNICODE. Bottom line is I
do not want UNICODE in my files. For my purposes it is only a problem.

Please help,

Thanks,
Charles